Thursday, December 3, 2009

430 PJs and Counting!!!

So this is truly incredible. In 5 weeks, I have 430 pajamas sitting in my living room. Since it is way past the 250 goal, I contacted 2 additional shelters to give pajamas to. They are confirming the number of children they have-and based on need, we will now have at least 4, maybe 5 organizations that will be receiving pajamas!

Since so many have come in, so quickly, I have decided to end the drive on December 18th. That way, all the children will be able to have pajamas by Christmas.

Some Jammie facts:

*Of the 430 I have, 80% are brand new
*39 pairs are adult sizes
*Disney and Carters are definitely the most popular brands
*I have over 20 pairs of SpongeBob
*One pair may have a bone hidden in it (courtesy of my dog Buddy). We could not figure out how all the stacks kept being messed up, until we saw Buddy snooping around. He seemed really upset when we straightened them back up, and has a tendency to hide his bones. The bone is still missing.

No comments: